Saturday, October 25, 2008

Instead

If you are wondering where I've been for the last couple of weeks, I'll tell you: I've been taking naps in the afternoon instead of the myraid things I used to do with the kids' nap time, including blogging. Too bad, too! I have some cute pix to post. :) I'll get around to it one of these days.

Many have been asking how I am feeling with the pregnancy. (Thank you, by the way.) Overall I am doing well, thanks to an anti-nausea drug (Reglan). For the couple of weeks after we found out our "news" I became increasingly sick. My mom was here for some of the "bad days" and can attest to the fact that I was feeling pretty badly. There were a couple of times when I even broke down and cried I felt so sick and helpless, even though crying made me even more nauseous! Thankfully, toward the end of that second week I went in for an appointment and they were able and willing to give me something to help with the nausea that wouldn't make me sleepy (as did the drug they tried to give me last time--knocked me out!!) It took several days for the medicine to build up enough in my system to start working, but overall it has reduced my symptoms to the level of "mildly annoying," rather than "taking over my life and making it impossible for me to care properly for my children." I still have some bad days, such as those when I don't get the extra rest my body seems to need right now, but I am thankful to be functioning for the most part.

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

You can take drugs for morning sickness???!!! Now you tell me!!! I just finished up that part of my pregnancy! Glad you've gotten things managed. It must have been pretty awful for you especially with all the fun and game you've been having at the Doctor's office!

DellaRose said...

yeah for drugs i am glad they are helping