Monday, June 12, 2006

More "moments"

Tonight we had a picnic in our front yard. OK, it was mostly because the kitchen table was covered with the fruit of today's labor--clean dishes. But it seemed like a good solution to me! Benjamin played in his pack 'n play. He's sitting up like an old pro now, and can even get down on his belly without falling on his face. He invented a new game: kiss the baby. He would see himself in a mirrored toy and then open his mouth, lean over, and "kiss" the mirror. It was adorable. We tried to get a picture, but he was too distracted by the camera to continue the game. After dinner we blew bubbles for the first time. Benjamin didn't want to watch them come out of the wand (maybe because they would pop on his face). He liked to turn his back to the person blowing the bubbles and watch them float past him and off into the distance. I wonder what he thought about them. He was pretty stoic.

Another thing I forgot to mention is that last Thursday, out of the blue, he started waving "hi" and "bye bye." At least that's what we think he's doing. He does it at all the appropriate times. It hadn't dawned on me yet to work on this with him so when one of Seth's co-workers started waving "bye-bye" to him I didn't expect him to react, but he just started waving right back at her. And it continued all weekend. Amazing! Have I mentioned he's brilliant?

1 comment:

Ian Batstone said...

awww. Good pics. Nice front yard, (nice baby too). I'm reading, tell Seth he looks like a good dad. In the picture it looks like he is explaining the viscosity of the bubble solution.