Seth here, again. 3:18 AM.
The dissertation is finally rolling again. I just sent off the initial draft of chapter 4 to my advisor. I was hoping to do that about a month ago, but the last few weeks have been tough in a number of ways.
Thanks to all of you who are praying for us during this time. And I mean "us." I'm putting in the late nights, but Kiersten is working very hard each day to take care of the kids and to free me up to do what needs to be done. She has been amazing, especially the last couple of weeks. But we're both worn out, and our baby girl's due date is getting ever closer.
The current plan is for me to finish my initial draft this month, and then to work on revisions over the summer. I have the first 4 chapters (out of 7) turned in to my advisor, and I am up to 171 pages. It's a little pre-mature to turn in the concluding chapter, so as long as I get chapters 5 and 6 turned in the next 4 weeks, we'll be sitting in good shape going into the summer.
Please continue to pray for us. We don't know why God is allowing this to drag on and on, and its a challenge to trust Him when things are hard. Pray for perseverance. Pray for peace.
But as always when we go through a difficult time, I think God is drawing us closer to Him. I'll close with a truth from Psalm 2 that encouraged me today:
"Blessed are all who take refuge in Him."
Friday, April 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Praying, Seth! I remember it taking some of the profs at TMC years and years to get their doctorates. Didn't it take Bookman forever and ever? And he just lived the rest of his life in the meantime. Yay for you for doing the same.
We keep praying for you and Kiersten, Seth. Life is so daily, and we have to keep living it, but in the meantime you keep working diligently on this life-changing goal. Keep up the good work. Phil 1:6 and Phil 2:14 and 13 (read in that order) seem like a good word from the Lord for you.
Post a Comment