Monday, May 12, 2008

Writing Phase

News Update from Seth:

I have started writing my dissertation! Praise God! This is the beginning of the end. I currently have the first 3 pages written. (The first 3 out of 200 or 300, but still it's somthing.)

For those of you who haven't heard, the title of my dissertation is "The Arsenal of the Hebrew Kings and Their Neighbors: A Description of Biblical Weapons, Armor, and War Vehicles in the Iron Age". It will be a study of the Hebrew words for weapons, etc., and trying to match those words with artifacts and ancient pictures that archaeology has brought to light. I'm looking forward to it, and hope that it will be a useful resource for pastors, teachers, students, and anyone interested in the topic. I know it won't be the next bestseller or anything, but I pray that God would use it for His glory.

Please pray for me as I work on this throughout the summer. The first draft is due in early September.

5 comments:

Becky Frame said...

That sounds like a really cool topic.

And by the way, I'm bringing your book to the campout to hand off to the Smiths, who were next in line to read it. It didn't take me this long to read it, mind you. I set it on top of the piano one day, and then we sold the piano, so Jeff put everything on top of the piano in a box, and put the box in the garage, etc. You get the idea. Anyway, now that we've moved again, your book is once again in 'circulation'.

Jacquelyn said...

Sounds very "manly", are you going to publish it?

kapjones said...

Congrats on the start of what sounds like a very long paper. However, I know you will write it with ease. What guy wouldn't like to read about guns and ammo. Did you get this idea from your nights of fighting with Dirty Bird and IRS man??

DellaRose said...

i think the intro is ussually about a third of the work...making sure your direction and tone are set...so congrats, by my calculation you are set and on your way...keep truckin' till then

Seth M. Rodriquez said...

Thanks for the encouragement.

I'd like to publish it someday. Guess that depends on how well it turns out.

And yes, there is some connection with my interested in biblical weapons and my favorite hobby: playing video games. :-)