Just in case you don't speak "Benjamin," here is a rough transcript of our exchange:
Me: What color are you going to do next?
Benjamin: Color. Color RED.
Me: Red. That looks nice.
Benjamin: Nice colorING.
Me: Nice coloring, that’s right.
Benjamin: ORANGE!
Me: Who are you coloring? Who is that?
Benjamin: Benj is coloring Zoe.
Me: Zoe, yeah!
Benjamin: And coloring horse.
Me: It’s a horse!
Benjamin: Horse, horse, horse. Horse one, Baby Einstein, horse one, DVD.
Me: The Baby Einstein “Horse One” DVD?
I loved this little clip because Seth caught him in his natural state of expression (as opposed to the game face he puts on when he thinks someone is watching). He talks his way through everything. And everything, in his mind, connects to something else. (The horse in the coloring book reminded him of the horse puppet who is the “star” of one of his Baby Einstein videos, in case you didn’t catch that bit.) I also loved that he animated his little speech with many of my favorite Benjamin-gestures. This was just so “real life,” I had to share it. :)
6 comments:
How cute! I know what you mean about trying to catch them in their natural state. It's very hard to do that here, too. That was a darling clip!
And by the way- you have been tagged! :)
How beautiful! I love how he says it like a man. He makes the point about the DVD and then slaps his hand on the table, like punctuation. At least that's how it seemed to me.
Yes, we have always said he's a true Rodriquez because of how he slaps the table when he has something to say. :)
Great coloring! You'll have to tell me how to put a video on my blog.
priceless!
Post a Comment