One thing I like about the way Seth relates to me is that he takes care to legitimize my feelings. When listening to my account of my difficult day with the kids or acting as the audience for my latest soapbox rant, he will often say, "I can understand why you would feel that way" or even "It is perfectly legitimate for you to react that way." I appreciate that Seth almost never begins a conversation with the attitude that my emotions or reactions are somehow wrong (even though they may be.) He lets me feel how I feel and waits to "fix it" until I am ready to hear.
This post was written in response to the Something Good prompt 'Relating to You'.









1 comment:
That's really cool. Seth has figured out what a lot of women don't even realize they need.
I copied the Shaunti quote and put it on the left Something Good sidebar.
Post a Comment