Thursday, May 24, 2007
Companion Word
Well, at 19 months old, Benjamin has finally learned the "n" word. (Not that we were pressing for this milestone.) He doesn't say it defiantly ("NO!"), more as if he has considered your request and decided to respond in the negative ("mmm...no."). For example, the other day he was waddling down the hall, shirt hiked up to his chin, with his big-ole belly hanging out enticingly. I was sitting on the floor with Talia in my lap, and so was unable to tackle and kiss him as I felt the urge. So I asked him, "Benjamin, can you come to Mama? I want to kiss your belly." He took a hard left, steering himself safely around to the other side of the coffee table. Once he was out of reach he responded innocently, "no."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment