Seth summed up our last big update this way:-new house...
-new car...
-new job...
-new baby...
...all within a span of 6 weeks
(That's the version for the men who didn't read the details a few days ago :) )
Things are progressing on most fronts.
The move is tentatively scheduled for the first weekend of February, but we can start getting stuff into rooms as soon as they have finished them. They are working on the bedrooms first (replacing carpet, painting everything, etc.)
The car is running well and has already been a lifesaver (or at least a major stress-saver) multiple times in just one week.
Seth's new job has been enjoyable and educational thus far. He likes the pace of office work and is thriving in the quiet atmosphere of an office where most employees are more out (in the field) than in (the office). He is custom building computers, purchasing all kinds of basic computer equipment for their inventory, and learning all about licensing. The guy training him told me he is well on his way to becoming "the geekiest guy in the office." I think that's a compliment in the computer world. :)
The only thing not progressing is labor, which at this point (I hate to say it) is good. We have a lot to accomplish before this little girl makes her appearance. Meanwhile I am experiencing a touch of sciatica, which remains under control as long as I am very careful and take heating pad breaks when it hurts. I'm assuming it is all baby related, since I can literally feel her pressing on that nerve, so it should pass as soon as I deliver, if not sooner. But, on an up-note, I finished the sweater! I'm working on the matching bunny now. :)
I should take a moment to say Benjamin is doing well. He is walking like an old pro now and is immensely enjoying himself. He is still so happy and independant most of the time. He loves his books, big legos, and blocks. I often go searching for him to find him in his room surrounded by the entire contents of the bookshelf, happily turning pages. (Half the time the book is upside down!)One sweet development lately has been "kisses," which he sparingly bestows, generally at bedtime ONLY. His version is approaching you with a little "O" mouth and leaning toward you ever so slightly. It's a rather wet way to go, but what Mama ever cared about a little slobber when receiving such a treasured expression of love from her baby?
Another exciting avenue we've been exploring quite a bit is singing. So far I've noted he can identify between a song he knows and one he doesn't (he "sings" with the familiar ones and listens to the less familiar) and he understands that singing is both notes and words (he makes babbling sounds with tone like "ba-ba" when I'm singing a song with "baby" in it). He does not yet match pitch, but I am starting to work on that with him. I think he sort of understands the concept, just can't do it yet. I love this new realm of play!
I guess that's it for now. We'll keep you all posted on the various happenings of our busy household. Thanks for reading!








1 comment:
A reader already? Sounds like you are training Benjamin right.
Post a Comment