Monday, August 14, 2006

So cute!

This morning I heard Benjamin waking up from a long nap. I finished the email I was typing and went in to get him. For some reason he didn't hear me come in (highly unusual) so I had the rare opportunity to sit and watch him playing in his crib for a minute or two.

At first he had his forehead pressed to the mattress and he was crawling around, bottom in the air, with his head pushing along in front. He sat up after a lap and a half, but apparently the sudden righting of the world was too much for him. He swayed for a second or two before getting his balance. Next he crawled to the front of the crib, grabbed the bars in both hands and, standing on his knees, began to bounce. "Uh, uh, UH, uh. Thhhhhbbbbb." (That was a raspberry.) Then he sat down hard. Thump. Only then did he begin to look around, notice the door was open, and eventually focus on me. Having been surpressing irresistable giggles for the past 2 minutes, I burst out laughing, which got him going. As I lifted him out of the crib he wiggled and laughed like crazy. Then he gave me a huge hug.

I love being a mom!

No comments: